L'Oreal Total Repair 5 - Total Repairing Masque Review

Hello Beauties!

Those who have read my early blog posts might have read my post where I was raving about my HG L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Shampoo . After my experience with the shampoo I braved to try out the Total Repairing Masque from this range. I have used this quite a few times and I am able to review it now.

 

 

WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS: 

The 1st Total Repair for damaged hair with Ceramide cement that fights five hair problem- Hair fall, dryness, roughness, Dullness and Splits Ends. ”

 


PRICE:  Rs.325

QUANTITY: 200gm

INGREDIENTS: Not listed.




MY EXPERIENCE:
I have dry, frizzy hair; hence to tame the frizz and adding smoothness to my hair I bought this repairing masque. I apply it on my damp hair only and not the roots and comb through my hair with fingers. However unlike given in the directions to use to leave it for 2mins. I keep it on for around 15-20mins for deep conditioning and then wash it off. Following is my take on the product,

WHAT I LIKED:
  • The cream has a soft consistency. It is neither too thick nor too runny. Application is smooth and even.
  • On the day of application the hair does feel smooth and soft and shiny ( I accrue some …err most of that to the shampoo).
  • The 200 gm pack would last really long. Since I use it once every week for deep conditioning I have still 3/4th of the qty. left and I have already used it 6-7 times.
  • As it would last so long the price tag would not pinch much.
  • It has a subtle smell which disappears after 1-2 hrs of washing it off.
  • It didn’t make my hair look limp like other hair creams.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • It doesn’t tame my frizzy hair. I am still on the hunt for the miracle product that can tame the frizzyness of my hair and make it smooth and straight.
  • It didn’t show any considerable change in my hairfall problem.
  • Also whatever effect it gives lasts only till the next wash.
  • No ingredients list is given. So that might be a turnoff for many.
  • It comes in a tub packaging which is unhygienic. I wish it were in a bottle or tube.

VERDICT:

After using this range I have seen considerable change in my hair in the past six months but that is more because of the shampoo I would say. This product gives me mixed feelings. I would like to try some other masque and I am still on the hunt so would give this a pass. I would recommend this only to those who are suffering from dull / shineless hair and needs to volume up hair a bit .

RATINGS: 3.75 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the review. Today only I was searching for a good masque and your review this product today. I think I will skip this. I need something to tame my frizz too. I think only a serum does a good job in taming the frizz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But serum makes my hair look limp and oily.....this one is neither too gr8 nor too bad...just an ok-ok product...

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)