Hello beauties! As my love for kohl liners is maxifying, so is my hunt for different brands of them. Today I am going to review the ColorBar I-Glide Eye pencil in Shade CocoBar which I bought on my birthday a few weeks back.
PRICE: Rs. 325
QUANTITY: Not mentioned.
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
"Defines like a pencil and glides like liquid eyeliner, the I-Glide Eye Pencil, with its smooth formulation, gives your eyes rich colour in a single stroke and blends in easily after application. Lasts longer than 8 hours; does not feather or bleed."
After reading many reviews on many blogs I sought out this product but it disappointed me a little. Maybe I expected too much out of it. I am using it for last three weeks. Here is what I think of it.
WHAT I LIKED:
- It has a smooth creamy texture that glides on easily.
- True to its claim it doesn’t smudge and stays put for longer hours.
- The color payoff is good and shows up on my eyes and I received a few compliments on that. ;)
- It is waterproof so won’t run down with your tears :P
- Available in 6 amazing shades viz. Silver hue, CocoBar, Jaded, Electra, Prunella and Blackout.
- I love the packaging. The body of the pencil is made of some fibre and not wood and is a classy silver color with colored end that shows the color of the shade. The size of the pencil is compact and would easily fit in purses or makeup bag.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- I don’t know why but it gives a drying sensation/irritation to my eyes when applied on the lower lashline or waterline. My eyes water up on application but it becomes okay after some 10-15 minutes. Maybe I get used to it by then.
- The tip becomes blunt after every use. Needs sharpening everytime, even though one can never get a pointed tip for a thin line. I am more of a fan of retractable pencils.
- The pencil I received has got an expiry date within next 6 months, hence I am using it up as quickly as possible.
- Considering the cons the price is a bit on the higher side.
I found the product to be decent but I guess it could have been better. I think I would get many other brands within this range that might surpass this.
RATINGS: 3 out of 5