ColorBar I-Glide Eye pencil- Shade CocoBar Review


Hello beauties! As my love for kohl liners is maxifying, so is my hunt for different brands of them. Today I am going to review the ColorBar I-Glide Eye pencil in Shade CocoBar which I bought on my birthday a few weeks back.





PRICE:  Rs. 325


QUANTITY: Not mentioned.



SWATCH: 


WHAT IT CLAIMS:
"Defines like a pencil and glides like liquid eyeliner, the I-Glide Eye Pencil, with its smooth formulation, gives your eyes rich colour in a single stroke and blends in easily after application. Lasts longer than 8 hours; does not feather or bleed."


MY EXPERIENCE:
After reading many reviews on many blogs I sought out this product but it disappointed me a little. Maybe I expected too much out of it.  I am using it for last three weeks. Here is what I think of it.


WHAT I LIKED:
  • It has a smooth creamy texture that glides on easily.
  • True to its claim it doesn’t smudge and stays put for longer hours.
  • The color payoff is good and shows up on my eyes and I received a few compliments on that. ;)
  • It is waterproof so won’t run down with your tears :P
  • Available in 6 amazing shades viz. Silver hue, CocoBar, Jaded, Electra, Prunella and Blackout.
  • I love the packaging. The body of the pencil is made of some fibre and not wood and is a classy silver color with colored end that shows the color of the shade. The size of the pencil is compact and would easily fit in purses or makeup bag.


    WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
    • I don’t know why but it gives a drying sensation/irritation to my eyes when applied on the lower lashline or waterline. My eyes water up on application but it becomes okay after some 10-15 minutes. Maybe I get used to it by then.
    • The tip becomes blunt after every use. Needs sharpening everytime, even though one can never get a pointed tip for a thin line. I am more of a fan of retractable pencils.
    • The pencil I received has got an expiry date within next 6 months, hence I am using it up as quickly as possible.
    • Considering the cons the price is a bit on the higher side.


    VERDICT:
    I found the product to be decent but I guess it could have been better. I think I would get many other brands within this range that might surpass this.


    RATINGS: 3 out of 5 

    6 comments:

    1. Y I love the I glide ones Pooja :D I have watery eyes and This 1 stays put :)Nice review..try prunella and jaded from this range or lakme has awsum pencils in pretty colors :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I like it too..its just that I didn't expect the cons from such a pricey pencil!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have prunella n jaded in this..love it..does not irritate my water line..d only problem I have is sharpening..its quite uneven and if the sides do not get sharpened well..it stays pokey :(

      ReplyDelete
    4. i like that hun haha don't oke yourself... love your eyes!

      ReplyDelete

    I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
    Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)