Dove Nourishing Oil Care Hair Serum Review

Hello my beautiful readers. Sorry I was not able to post for last three days as I was having my internals/exams going on (just don’t ask how it went! :( ) and the semester exam is also looming over my head, and I am so not studying anything! Well I need to shift my focus on the studies now and the exams will end in December, so I will be a bit missing in action with regular postings, but hey don’t forget to show your love on here as I will be online (ADDICTED... I am!) and will peek over here now and then and reply to all your sweet comments! 
 
Ranting over! So today I am going to talk about the hair serum from the new Dove Nourishing Oil Care range. I remember, I tried hair serum for the first time from a brand called Livon and I absolutely hated it as it turned my shampooed hair oily, limp and sticky. After that I lost interest in any serum whatsoever. Recently I bought the hair serum from L’Oreal Total Repair 5 range as I really liked their Shampoo but I still didn’t get much chance to use it, as I thought of using the Dove one first. So let’s see how Dove Nourishing Oil Care Hair Serum fared on me…errmm my hair!


PRICE:   Rs.300 

QUANTITY: 40 ml

INGREDIENTS:


MY EXPERIENCE: Dove Nourishing Oil Care Hair Serum is a clear liquid with oily consistency. I take exactly two pumps for my below-the-shoulder length hair, and use this serum on my shampooed, semi-dried hair. I don’t use the conditioner on some days to see how the serum fares to keep my hair soft, smooth and frizz free. I would give thumbs up for the factor of keeping hair soft and it detangles hair easily but it doesn’t work at all on the frizz. So it becomes pointless to invest in a serum just for soft hair, a nice conditioner does the same and the conditioner from this range really works well in that zone. 


WHAT I LIKED:
  • Makes hair feel soft and adds a bit of shine.
  • Helps in easy detangling of hair.
  • Doesn’t make hair limp/oily.
  • Gets easily absorbed and so doesn’t attract much dust.
  • The packaging is really nice and travel friendly. The pump nozzle is effective and controls the amount of product required.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • It didn’t tame my frizzy hair.
  • It is definitely costlier than other serums available in the market.
VERDICT:  For me, it didn’t work on my frizz and I won’t invest in such a pricey serum if it doesn’t do that. Other than that I have no complaints.

RATINGS:  3.5 out of 5

** Being a member of  IndiBlogger.com, I received a gift hamper of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Range but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

5 comments:

  1. nice review !!! me haven't opened this serum pack yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi...i have curly short shoulder length hair with not much shine please suggest me a economical hair serum for straigtening my hair and giving shine to it please reply.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minu. I have heard Matrix Biolage Hair Serum have got good reviews though I haven't personally used it. It comes for around Rs.255 for 100ml and adds smoothness and shine. Serum doesn't straighten hair on its own, but if you use hair stylers then you would get straight, shiny hair. Please search for reviews on the same and buy it with your own understanding.

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    Can someone please let me know where I'd be able to buy the Dove serum in Mumbai suburbs ?

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)