Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine lipstick - Shade Coral Lustre Review

It's a lipbalm....umm..it's a lipgloss....No, it's a lipstick! Ha! ;)
Well, this was my expression when I first tried out the Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine lipstick. Today I would be reviewing the shade Coral Lustre, as per my lovely readers' request! :)


PRICE: Rs.399

QUANTITY: 3.5 g


WHAT IT CLAIMS:
  • MIRROR-LIKE COLOR from micro-mirror pigments 
  • CREAMIER FEEL from nourishing honey nectar 
  • 10 lush lip shades(only 4 are available in India)

SWATCH:

2 swipes on hand

Multiple Swipes on lips.
 
MY EXPERIENCE: Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine lipstick is of soft, smooth and sheer texture, with a glossy finish. It has got a candy smell which is not OTT. The shade "Coral Lustre" is not an orangy coral but a pretty pink with a hint of coral. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't true coral but when I applied it I was really happy with the shade. It contains very fine shimmer which is noticeable only on close observation. However, if you apply it directly on chapped dry lips, you can feel a slight grittiness because of the shimmer. It does give that luscious lips effect. It's more like a lipgloss in a lipstick tube. It hydrates and moisturises too. 


A single swipe doesn't show up much color, so pigmented lips would require multiple swipes for full coverage. The price is a bummer considering the other Colorsensational range of lipsticks being so pocket friendly.  It lasts for 2-3 hours on me, and then fades away leaving a tint, though it doesn't dry out my lips. So, in a nutshell,

WHAT I LIKED:
  • Soft and smooth texture that glides on like a gloss.
  • Gives a high shine and glossy finish.
  • Moisturising and hydrating.
  • Has a nice fruity frangrance which is not OTT and almost tasteless. 
  • The shimmers are subtle and not so visible. 
  • Leaves a tint even when it fades away and doesn't dry out lips.
  • Comes in a pretty packaging that reflects rainbow colors under different lights.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE: 
  • Lasting power could have been better.
  • Requires multiple swipes to show up the actual color, hence wouldn't last long.
  • The price is steep than other Maybelline CS range lippies! (Why Maybelline, WHY??!! :( )
  • The shade is not a true coral, which I believe to be like this.

VERDICT: This is my go to lipstick for this summer. Had the price was not so steep, I would have got some other shades too.If you like glossy, high shine lips then this won't disappoint you.

RATINGS: 4 out of 5


20 comments:

  1. I bot this for myself two days back, I have mixed feelings ! :p Looks gr8 on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taps :-*
      mixed feelings abt the shade or the lippie itself?

      Delete
    2. Both actually :p I had expected a total coral shade but on my lips its more of a coral pink shade with orangish undertone, and so less lasting power, I would prefer a lip balm than this lipstick for 400 bucks :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. yep one swipe is too sheer. however u can build up the color with multiple swipes :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore this range of lippies. The sheerness of the lipsticks differs in different shades though. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this looks so amazing on you, I had tried it at a store and found the shade to be too sheer for my liking ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!! :D
      yep its too sheer...I have applied multiple swipes here for the color to show up :)

      Delete
  5. I love the way the color looks in the bullet..i wish it was as bright on the lips too..anyways a nice review :)
    Recently Posted-http://budgetbelleza.blogspot.in/2012/04/body-shop-body-butter-trio.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look a bit sheer but the shade still reflects nicely on lips..^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swatched this at the counter even thou it lukd great but i was sure it will not show up much on my pigmented lips..too sheer for my liking but it luks so irrestible! Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the color looks elegant
    and your lips are so cutie cutie :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. how would you compare this to maybelline's mandarin lip balm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the lip balm, but what I saw from the swatches, this lipstick is definitely pigmented much higher than the lip balm!

      Delete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)